This world-renowned tea has an unyieldingly bold and curiously smoky flavor. Our tea specialist has used this tea to bring a smoky flavor to grilled chicken and beef. See Lapsang Souchong Marinade recipe. (Yield: approx. 20 servings per 2 oz.)
Ingredients: black tea
Smoky Lapsang Souchong
$5.00 Regular Price
1 rounded tsp. / 8 oz. water at 212° F for 2-4 minutes
Lapsang Souchong Marinade Recipe
- 2 rounded tsp Smoky Lapsang Souchong
- 8 oz water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup water
- 2 lbs. cubed Meat or Tofu
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ large red onion - sliced
- 4 garlic cloves - sliced
- Steep one 8 oz cup of Smoky Lapsang Souchong tea to double strength (2 rounded tsp or tea leaves, water, 4 minutes). Let cool to room temperature.
- Place oil, wine, and ½ cup water in shallow baking dish
- Add meat or tofu
- Add seasonings (poultry seasoning, marjoram, bay leaves, rosemary). Toss meat with ingredients.
- Cover with onions and garlic cloves.
- Pour tea over ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate. Let marinade 4-6 hours. (adjust time for less or more smokiness)
- After marinating, place meat/tofu on skewers and discard remaining marinade.
- Grill meat/tofu.